Sunday, August 29, 2010

What gives?!

Okay...can we talk? I am seriously wondering if maybe I'm missing something here. What the heck gives with all these folks on YouTube (who shall remain nameless!) who swear that the whole "matte or creamy NUDE-nude" (concealer-esque) shade of lipstick is fab?? That look does NOT look cute...like, on ANYONE! Maybe I'm an old jaded makeup junkie (spoiler alert: I AM) who seldom sees much that truly impresses her anymore. Maybe the beauty community is steering itself in a direction I'm not on board with (Vive la résistance!)... but I cringe, in much the same way I do when I hear someone scratch a blackboard with nails, every time I see someone trying to rock this cadaver-like look. Unless we're talking about a runway look or a some kind of an abstract photo shoot, packing some concealer (let's just call it what it is!) on your lips is not flattering in the very least. So ladies and gents, (HEY! There's nothing wrong with that!) let's stop this matte-ness (HA! Get it?!!) and let's return to the timeless classic that is the GLOSSY-nude lip... it's looks good paired with a smokey eye... it looks great on it's own...and it's amazing any month of the year. It's the ONLY way to do nude... xo

No comments:

Post a Comment