Thursday, February 10, 2011

...excuses and more excuses...

So, what's it been now? Another three months? Oy vey! Twitter takes up entirely too much of my time. Today's look is simple. I began with moisturizer. Currently I'm using CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (in the pump bottle). It's an inexpensive drugstore find that actually works beautifully. It balances my skin perfectly and gives the right amount of moisture, which is no easy feat for oily/sensitive skin like mine! Next, I applied a little bit of foundation to even everything out (La Mer The Treatment Fluid foundation with SPF 15). Concealer can be a little tricky for me some times. The one I'm loving lately is MAC's Select Cover-Up. It is both, light in texture and a good cover-up. I dusted on Cargo's Blu-Ray powder to set and followed that up with a nice bronzer (MAC's Smooth Harmony) and illuminated the high plains of my face with MSF in Shimpagne.

Moving on to eyes: MAC's Paint Pot in Layin' Low is hands down the prettiest paint pot EVER! It's a lovely tan color which was released as a limited edition with the Fafi collection. If you can score one from a CCO, jump on it!!! Over top that, I applied NARS eyeshadow duo in Kalahari (bronzey peach). Hourglass' Calligraphy liner helped me created a lovely thick cat-eye and their mascara finished off the eye look! On the lips I kept it simple; Urban Decay's Sellout lipstick topped with MAC's Wildly Lush plushglass!

I've had loads of compliments today, which confirms what I suspected: you have to work twice as hard to create the "minimal makeup-makeup look"... but the results are WAY worth it! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment